8.26.2011

Happy Birthday


Warning: This post has a major Macy photo overload, and I cut a ton out. When my girl is this cute, I just have to put lots of pics:)




She started a new smile, and she
has the squinty eyes.
SO I either get her sad with eyes open,
or cheesy with squinty eyes.
I hope this phase doesn't last too long!




She's so darling, I just can't get enough of her!
Look at that hair, is that so much fun?!?



Did you catch her toe pop?
Man this girl is gonna be trouble
(both of them)


She was so unsure when everyone sang to her,
she is so timid, she really doesn't like the attention.


Macy and Audrey, too cute!


I love her face, she was so anxious to open that gift

We had a fun little party with family and a few close friends. She wanted cookies & brownies with ice cream. I baked all day, and she was happy. She waited anxiously all day, ready for her party to start. I hope she's not too sad tomorrow when she wakes up and realizes it's all over:(

This little girl has brought so much joy to our lives. It's crazy to think that 4 years ago, we thought we were done having kids. I was happy with our family, and really didn't think anything was missing. Boy was I wrong!

When I got pregnant, it was a really rough time for us, and I was so unsure of why she was being sent to us right now. The timing would have been so much better 2 years earlier. It's amazing how well my Heavenly Father knows me, he knew the things that I was going to go through, and he knew I was going to need her joy in my life. Baby and toddler joy is so different from bigger kid joy, and I needed her as a baby then. Does that even make sense? It does to me. She is pure happiness, and our bigger kids need this sweet little girl to keep them from growing up too fast.

There is nothing better than hearing her giggle with Andy, after climbing up the ladder to his bed. Hearing her squeal in fear and laughter as she is running away from Cooper. Watching Buffy always being willing to play house and kitchen with her, and Chloe giving her make-overs and doing her nails. They always have time for her. I am sad that she is growing up, I don't think our family is ready to not have a baby in the house. I'm not. I'm so sad for me when she starts school on Monday, and I am secretly hoping she hates it so I can keep her home. Unfortunately I am sure she will love it, so I will have to deal with it.

I can't wait to continue to watch her grow, I have a feeling this girl is going to surprise us all. Watch out world, here comes Mason Lane!

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Happy Birthday --what a cutie!