1.10.2011

Purge 2011

Let me warn you, what you are about to see is not pretty. I know because I have been looking at it for about a month and a half. Our house is small, and very small on storage. I am not lucky enough to have a closet where I can just throw stuff in to hide it, and between Holidays, and trying to rearrange, my craft table in the kitchen became the junk pile. I am embarrassed showing it to you, but here we go! Just scroll down...




























So this year one of my resolutions is to SIMPLIFY, which means purging a lot of crap from our home and lives. I have come to the realization that we aren't going anywhere soon, so I need to make this house work for us! SO 3 1/2 hours, and 4 1/2 bags of trash later, and ta-da!



I know it's not great, but it is a heck of a lot better. Hopefully this will get some of you to conquer that area that you didn't think was possible!

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

I totally just did this in my laundry room which had the same problem of that table of yours. It is still surprising to walk back there-- even a couple of days later!

Juliagullia said...

So funny! I mean that we have the same resolution. Simplifying. I've decided to not craft for a year, read more and get more education.

Good for you! It looks great! Love the closet too!