9.02.2010

Campout


Kids in the creek


Pretty Chloe


I don't know why, but I really like
this picture.


I am in love with her
sweat suit and new tennies.
She is so darling!


Coop was only going to get his feet wet,
yea right. This was about an hour before we left.
Soaked head to toe!


The cool kids (Alexa, Chloe & Kody) finally got in the water.
I am glad that Brian convinced Kody that it
was the cool thing to do!


I did a really crappy job taking pictures on this campout, so here are the few I got! We had a great time, we headed up to Chavez Crossing in Sedona (personally the BEST place to camp). Our plan was to leave by 12:30, after physical therapy for Jon, doctor's appointment for Chloe and a cast, we actually got on the road by 3:00.

We got super lucky that the rain stayed away. Until about 3:30 in the morning. THen the sky lit up brighter than you can imagine, and a huge crack of thunder. I was positive it had struck the tree we were camping under. Then it poured, like I have never heard before until about 4:45. I was so worried we were going to wash down the Oak Creek. Sedona is big for Flash Floods.

We woke up ( well I wasn't really asleep) to sun, and it stayed sunny. The kids had a great time playing in the creek, and Macy just loved being around other kids who doted on her. It was a great little trip!

No comments: