5.28.2010

Are you ready?


Summer is here, and I am not ready for it. I don't know if everyone is like this, but it takes a lot of time and planning to make sure my summer goes a little smoothly. I have to plan menus, activities, get games, crafts, books, etc...

Menus are hard in the summer, I have a hard time with "lunch." I get stuck on labels, there are things that I only feel are "dinner" foods, but there aren't a lot of good "lunch" foods. Does anyone else agree? I hate preparing a big lunch, just to clean it up and start working on dinner. I also don't want my kids to live off Mac-n-cheese, PB&J. frozen pizzas and popcorn chicken. I also don't have the money, and don't want to live off fast food.

So I need ideas ladies. Things to keep my children and my self sane, happy and well fed.

2 comments:

Jamon, Kristen, and Keegan said...

Wraps!!!! Get lots of tortillas and just throw stuff in them. Sandwich meat, buy the frozen chicken strips and make something like a McDonalds wrap. You can do spreads too (cream cheese, bacon bits, green onions, olives all mixed together for example. We had it for dinner the other night).

Karen said...

I tell the kids to eat and don't worry (much) about what it is. I do dinner and I told them they need to figure out breakfast & lunch.