11.05.2009

Things I love...


I don't know why, but
I LOVE this picture. Her
Fred Flinstone feet, the colors,
the moment. I was letting her play in
the sprinklers, and she was loving it!


Her face is too funny.

Macy has cradle cap, I've never heard of anyone but newborns getting it, and it is really hard to deal with when they have a ton of hair. Our pediatrician tells us to put vaseline on it. I didn't even think about it, I'm sure she gives that advice to newborns with NO hair. So as most of you probably know, and if you didn't you do now, vaseline doesn't come out of hair. So we read that if you put cornstarch in the hair it will absorb the vaseline. It took a few days, but I am happy to say that her hair is normal again!

I am also LOVING my new car. We got a great deal, we drove down to Oracle on Saturday, and I am so happy to have my own car again. I miss my old car, but it's all good. This one is longer, we got the Expedition EL, so I am excited to go on a trip now and be able to put our luggage actually in the car!

7 comments:

The Hills... said...

Hey! I recognize that dress!

Jeanette said...

Jonas has a small patch of cradle cap we deal with sometimes, His hair is long-ish too, so it's hard to get down to it. I think that's part of the reason is forms there in the first place. We use something called Gentle Naturals Cradle cap hair. The bottle is a light teal and has Disney baby Pooh and Eyore on the front. I put that on him and let him play for a while for it to soak in, then I'll scrub his scalp with the baby brush, and rinse it out. It says Non-greasy, but his hair usually looks better if I then wash it with the regular baby shampoo.

Jeanette said...

Sorry it's Cradle Cap CARE. My brain wasn't working when I typed that. And you find it in the baby shampoo section.

Jake, Camille, & Kennedy said...

That first picture is so cute!!! Love the little orange dress!

Erika said...

Congrats on the car! That Macy is too cute. I just love those feet too ;-) James has the same ones. I've used baby oil, baby brush (or I'm sure any kind of comb, etc) and then wash. The baby oil just washes out, so no cornstarch necessary ;-) Did you say three days?! Too funny.

Sheri said...

You're right - that first picture is adorable.

Karen said...

I was born with tons of hair. Tons of hair that stuck up all over the place. My mom used vaseline to tame the hair for a picture. I heard about how long it took to get rid of the vaseline for years.