9.22.2009

My Calendar








When you have 5 kids (probably even less), and a life, and a church calling, and a job, and a husband, and friends, and school responsibilities, and extra-curricular activities, you have to find a way to keep it all together!

Pottery Barn used to make a fabulous desk calendar, that was blank and big. I LOVED it, because it was big enough to write in the boxes, but blank so I could decorate it supercute each month. It was an activity I looked forward to doing every month. They stopped making it, and I ran out. For the last 2 years I have been trying all sorts of things.

Then one day I went to my sister-in-law's house, and I saw her giant dry erase calendar. I had to have one for myself. It took a couple of months to get the money (it really wasn't that expensive, just wasn't the right time), and I finally got it.

I have been busily making magnets, and I can't wait for October to do it all Halloweeny ( I said weeny).

As you can see, each kid has their own color magnet with their initial, so they can see what they have going on each day. I have birthdays on the board, the cafeteria menu for the younger kids school, everything.

I love it, how can something so simple make me so happy? I love walking into my kitchen and looking at it everyday! If you want info on it, let me know.

Also, if you haven't noticed, I have an Etsy shop, not a lot on it yet, just because I need to go to bed. Take a peek when you can though! Help a sister out people!

And yes, I have the biggest Birthday Cake on my day. 34 this week, I am an old lady!

7 comments:

holdoug said...

Nice calendar. You know, 40 is the new 20, so you have something to look forward to! I should know! We have to get together for your birthday. Maybe next week when you don't have any sick kids!

Mimi said...

Glad to see that my B-day cake was the second biggest. Love the new calendar and congrats on getting the shop up and going. It looks great!

The Hills... said...

I love it! Being organized makes me happy too :)

Trevor and Lauren said...

AWESOME calendar! AND HAPPY B DAY Kristy and Kami!!!

Juliagullia said...

How cute is that! I love it. You did a wonderful job. Happy Birthday too!

Sheri said...

Where did you get the calendar? i need one so bad!

Happy Birthday!

Shanna said...

I love your calendar! I wish I had the wall space....maybe someday. When I used to teach I used to get all excited about my lesson plan book, sometimes I would just open it to look at how cute and organized it was...it just made me happy! I hope that you have a great B-day!