6.01.2009

Manic "MOM"day





One - on - One

Very important, your kids need to feel just as important as everything else in your life. This is hard for some people, especially when you have more than 1 or 2 kids.

I work very hard at it. I go to as many school functions as possible. In fact last week, I skipped out on a pedicure & lunch with me sis-in-law, so I could make it to Chloe's LAST concert at our school. It was important to her, so I did it. My feet are paying for it, but oh well!

I have an easy way for some one-on-one time, that your kids will love! Pick a night, whatever night works best for you. Each week, on that night, let a child stay up 15 - 30 minutes later than the others. Just to hang out with you & your husband. Not only are they super excited that they get to stay up late, but it is a great way to get cuddle time in. Snuggle up on the couch & read a book, or watch TV. You will love it, and so will they! Try it, and let me know what you think!

Allow your kids to help in the kitchen, cooking is a great way to spend time with kids. Most of them love doing it, and you can usually get them to open up & talk at the same time. It's not like you aren't cooking at least once a day. It also helps them form good habits, and learn a great life skill.

Let your kids dictate sometimes. My kids need to be in charge sometimes, when I sense it, I let them choose. Activities, meals, games. They love it, and it is good to let them feel important like that. They should be more important than your schedule or rules.

How do you do it? What are some of your ways to make one-on-one happen? How do you make your kids feel important? Talk to me people!

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

This is great. I blogged about "Alone Time" after taking only Jonas with me to go to AZ for a friend's wedding. It was awesome to spent time with just him. I realized he'd never been away from his brother the whole 11 months he'd been alive!