1.20.2009

History

Yes, history was made today. Cooper can't understand why I've been watching all day. It's exciting to see it happen. To be alive, and know I will remember when this happened. I like how he did not beat around the bush in his speech. He knows things are tough, and I think he is honestly going to try his hardest to fix them. I pray that it works!


On the other hand, I am sickened by the hypocrisy of our government. The deficit we have as a nation, the troubled times we are headed into. The amount of everyday Joe's who are hurting, and yet it is totally okay to spend $160 million on this day. If I were elected, I would have forgone a lot of the hoopla, and helped as many people as I could with the money being spent on parades, and food, and music, etc... It is absolutely insane!

7 comments:

Trevor and Lauren said...

We shall see we shall see!

I can't believe how big the kiddos are! Chloe looks so old- yikes!!
It makes me feel so old.

Anonymous said...

This is the leader of our country not Hollywood. I think people should realize that. I think they are in for a bumpy ride!

Sheri said...

I thought the same thing when I saw how much was being spent on the inaguaration.

Maybe it's enough $ to jump start our economy...

PassTheChips said...

I was moved today.

In these dark times of war and economic ruin, it's more than a little comforting to have a man with such a post-partisan vision in charge.

Karen said...

While I do mostly agree that it would seem that the money could have been better spent...in some way it's a bit of a "stimulus package" because the money wasn't just flushed down the toilet, but it went to pay for all of the staff and products required for today's events. Some of it was for entertainment, but other money was spent on things like security and possibly even paying for the new cars, planes, etc that are just part of getting a new president (don't know why they can't drive used or older like the rest of us?).

One thing that we need to hear when President Obama speaks is that he also doesn't sugar coat that we all have work to do. So, for those of you that doubt, put the negativity down and keep up with what you can do for your country, for your community, for your family. We can all do this, together.

Tiffany said...

The money spent today was pretty sick. I totally agree that there are countless ways to better spend that money. But that is why we have the problems we have. Isn't it?

holdoug said...

He is a politician not a miracle worker. Too much hype. He thinks the government can solve all problems. Yeah, that always works.