10.08.2008

If you can't say something nice...


How may of you are sick of the presidential race? I am so done with it. It goes on for way too long. I am sick of watching these 2 men, that we are supposed to choose as leader of this great Country, act like spoiled children. I hate debates. I think they are the worst example of what people should be, and horrible for my children to watch. We are teaching everyone that it is ok to be rude, to blame and pint fingers, to belittle. Why can't they be real men, real examples, and say what they believe without having to make the other one look like an idiot, which in turn makes them look like an idiot.

I am still undecided, but after last night's debate (actually I only stomached it for about 35 minutes) I want to vote for Obama just because of how catty McCain was acting. I am so frustrated with the choices I have (or don't have) this election.

Anyhow, does anyone else out there feel the same way? Did anyone really get anything out of that debate last night? Wouldn't it be great if we could run an election, without ever seeing the candidates? Just have them write out their agendas, their plans. Everyone reads and decided without all the childishness, and then none of the stupid stuff gets in the way, like whether or not he is black, or old, or it's a she, or she is pretty, etc...

Anywho, I just had to get that off my chest.

9 comments:

Jake, Camille, & Kennedy said...

I am totally on the same page with you! I was soooo annoyed by both of them last night. I wish tomorrow was November 4th so all of this could be over. Either way we are not going to have a good president the next 4 years.

Amy said...

I totally agree. I say if they can't play nice, they should have to hold hands and sit in a corner together for a hour... like children.

Anonymous said...

I think you are wrong. The Debating process is very important. You have always viewed this process as arguing and not debating. Anytime politics is brought up you shy away and get angry with the people who are talking about it. If you understood how politics are supposed to work in this country I assure you, you would have a completely different view on the debate process. I also don't agree with your first commenter about the next four years and not having a great president. When Ronald Regan was voted into office everyone was sure that the world had come to an end. An actor cannot be president. Look what he accomplished and now he is revered as one of the greatest presidents ever. As for your kids, don't let them watch the debates with you. They are too young to understand the process and it will just confuse them. Talk to them and explain to them that Debating might seem like arguing but its really is a civilized way to discuss your differences of opinions with each other.

Kristy said...

Johnny,

I don't shy away from it. I just think it is a horrible way to act. They can debate without being morons, and rude to each other. I don't think my kids are too young. Chloe gets a lot out of it, and Andy is very interested, and it gets him to ask questions. I don't think it is wrong for me to want the men who are going to run our country, to act civilized, and be good examples to our children and the rest of the world.

Bear said...

Why do you think that comment came from me. I agree with you on most of what you said.

Sheri said...

I agree with you. I'm tired of both of the candidates. Plus don't even get me started on how my vote doesn't really even count or how it would count for twice as much in Ohio...

Ashley said...

Word Up! I do think that debates are an important part of the process, but I also think that debating can be done without namecalling and blaming. If they could just debate their ideas that would be great. Just tell me what you stand for. Easy as pie. However, (watch me get myself in trouble) I wouldn't vote Obama if you paid me a million bucks. Ok, maybe for a mil. As an LDS mom, I just could never bring myself to vote for someone who supports "stuff" that I so clearly stand against. "Stuff" that the Prophet of the Lord has ask us to stand against. So-McCain it is. It SHOULD be Romney. Oh, well.

PassTheChips said...

I love debates. I don't like the format of our current debates, although they are light years better than the George Bush II debates.

Being able to communicate, form an argument, and point out differences with your opponent is part of being a good leader.

Now if we could only get a good moderator and some better, more pointed questions.

Mamie Coffey said...

From this debate I learned that McCain IS creepy (have you seen him smile? eww), smug & catty, and just down right wrong on a lot of policy issues. too bad I don't live in OH where my vote would REALLY count.