10.17.2008

Fantasy Friday

My fantasy for today is to have a time machine, and go back to this morning, and talk myself out of going on the fieldtrip. Since I obviously can't do that, I may as well post the pictures of my day from Hell.








We went to Mother Nature's farm. Apparently everyone thought I was insane for going on a fieldtrip with a 7 week old, but I went on a fieldtrip to the Symphony when Cooper was only 4 weeks old, so I really thought this wouldn't be so bad.

We got there almost 35 minutes before the bus got there, so there was a lot of standing around. The boys were driving me crazy, and Macy decided she did not want to be in a stroller. I am soooooo thankful I brought the bjorn with me. Everyone got there, and it really wasn't so bad, except for the fact it was like 800 degrees, and I had a hot baby snuggled up against me, with a blanket over her do she wouldn't fry, and I was carrying a bag that weighed like 30 pounds. It was just a very long day.

I am so happy that I got to have Cafe Rio with Dorothy, that made my day. The boys were pretty good, and even though I had to balance Macy and try to eat my Pork salad (extra meat, I deserved it), it was worth it.

We got home, unloaded, and had just enough time to nurse and change a diaper before I had to load up again to go pick the older kids up from school. I am so happy to be home, I just really wish Jon was coming home today. I am exhausted, and I am really hoping I can make it through another 24 hours without him!

4 comments:

liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
liz said...

that was my delete- let me try that again without so many typos.

holy crap i just realized reading your post we never did dinner together. sounds like you've not been sitting at home waiting by the phone anyway so maybe it was a hectic week for you afterall? Sorry it was so hot out today.

I was just thinking of cafe rio today and want to go sometime. call me next time you go!

Karen said...

Wow, we both had the same fantasy on Friday! Maybe it was the heat. Or the boring "hay ride." But wasn't that one of the worst field trips ever?

Laurie M. said...

You were very brave to go. At least you got great pictures.