8.06.2008

Sideways Cinq



Some of you know, some of you don't. Cinq is sideways. Not a favorable birthing position, and I am panicking because I really don't want a c-section. I just don't see that working well with my recovery expectations and my crazy busy life! So I have been doing lots of research on things I can do to maybe get her to move.

First one, lay on the ground, with a stack of pillows under your rear, legs up in the air. I almost suffocated. That position made my assets fall to my neck and choke me. Plus I couldn't get out of the position myself, I am so lucky I decided to try it when Jon was home, or I can only imagine the headlines...

"Eight month pregnant mother, mysteriously suffocates while upside down, by her own appendages (her children were oblivious, and playing Xbox, computer, busy reading new Breaking Dawn book, and watching Disney Channel)... More at 10:00"

The next one is to get on all fours, and slowly rock back and forth. I did this for a while. Unfortunately I have really bad knees, they were bad before I was a dancer and cheerleader, so now they are really shot. Once again, I could not get up from that position either, and my belly touches the ground if I am not up high enough. That was bad...

My friend Karen told me that her friend did the upside thing, but also put a frozen bag of peas on the baby's head. He moved in 20 minutes. I am leery of being upside down again, so I at least tried with a frozen bag of mixed vegetables, I hope it doesn't have to be peas exactly...

My brother-in-law is bringing his inversion table to work today, so it will be a little easier to do the upside thing.

Karen also suggested a chiropractor, apparently they do some kind of technique, so Cami made me an appointment with her miracle laser voodoo chiropractor on Friday. I hope it works...

Kym suggested acupuncture, anyone know anyone??? Or should I just go get some needles and try it myself?

Needless to say, she has been moving a lot, I just don't know if it is into starting position. So then I am worried that maybe she is already there, and then what if I try something and she flips back over... I have never been so paranoid about a baby before. You'd think this was my 1st kid!

I am praying that since this has been my hardest pregnancy ever, that she will be my best baby ever. What do you think the odds are of that???

What do you think of these names?

JEZEBEL: The EVIL wife of King Ahab

LILLUTH: Assyrian myth name of a demon

PANDORA: First mortal woman whose curiosity unleashed evil into the world

Name that movie moment: "I knew a Pandora once, never got to see her box."

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Notting hill

Kristy said...

I knew you would get it Johnny!

Tiffany said...

We have an inversion table also. Jason loves it for his back and neck. And I like it too, I always feel taller after I do it. Hopefully, one of these tricks will work. My friend had this problem and her solution was to work in the yard ALL day long...it worked but she was way exhausted.

Karen said...

I can find you an acupuncturist also if needed. I know all the pregnancy voodoo people!

Mimi said...

NOTTING HILL! JUST WATCHED IT THE OTHER DAY! LOVE IT!

holdoug said...

I say just drink a case of Dr.Pepper!

Sheri said...

Sometimes I wish my boobs could suffocate me.

PTC said...

Sometimes I wish I didn't read this blog.

kimber said...

I know someone who does accupuncture..... talk to me. I'll totally hook you up.

kimber said...

Oh yeah - and fooling around helps too. If you know what I mean....

Andrea said...

You're killing me with the *news headline* choking by your *assets* hahahahahhaa