8.14.2008

Lunatic Mommy on Board

So today I decided I would try heading out to the mall. I had a gift card for Macy's, and was hoping to find something cute for this weekend (birthday dinner with my siblings, and I am sick of my clothes). So I get myself ready, which is a miracle in itself, then Cooper actually cooperates and gets ready (sans brushing his teeth, sorry Uncle Kirk). So we head off.

We get to Macy's, and by the time I have walked through the parking lot I have already stopped twice. Cooper patiently waits my hand while I have a ~contraption~ as he would say. We get through Macy's, and head over to Lane Bryant, hoping to find a bra. While in there Cooper declares he needs to use the restroom. The restroom is on the other side of the mall, in the Food Court, so I beg him to hold it until we get there. After no luck in Lane Bryant, we stop into the Game store for Cooper to look and dream about all the XBOX games he wants.

We head to the food court, and Cooper hasn't mentioned the bathroom, so I decide not to say anything until Jon gets there (he is being a good husband and meeting us for lunch). We eat, and enjoy ourselves, in the meantime I am trying to figure out how in the world I am ever going to make it back to my car. I ask Jon to take Coop to the restroom, and it is closed. I was a little disappointed, but I figure we can hit the one in Macy's on our way out.

We say goodbye to Jon, and Cooper and I slowly start our trek back to Macy's. I assume the restroom is on the top floor, like all other Macy's in the housewares department. I am in some serious pain by now, and having lots of contractions. We make it all the way back, and I can't find the restroom, so I ask someone when I finally find a person who works there. THey tell me it is all the way up front by the Juniors department.

Here is where I go lunatic...

I turn, and start to cry uncontrollably. I am so glad the worker was already gone, and that there was no one around, but it was just too much. I seriously could not imagine walking another step. After a few moments, I calmed down, and sweet little Cooper tells me he really doesn't have to go that bad. I jump on that chance, even if it means I may have to clean up a mess later. We slowly get back to the car and head home.

I am assuming this means my time is coming, I mean seriously, I was sobbing in a department store. I am a total NERD!!! On top of all that, all the contractions have stopped, and my back hurts so bad I want to die. Then stupid me, I decide to go to Target with my mom. Honestly, even if my water had broke, I wouldn't pass up a trip to Target with my mom. Not that I got a billion things, but I did get a broom, and a few baby items that were much needed, and so that is making this pain worth it right now!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom always takes you to target. No fair!!!!

Christian said...

I am so sorry, what a day! It will be over soon. (Your writing cracks me up).

Sheri said...

At least you had a reason to breakdown...what's my excuse?

Laurie M. said...

Wow, what a day! I hope you are feeling better. Cooper is such a sweetheart.

Mimi said...

Nice! I wish I had been with you, love you sis, and everything will be ok! I want to go to Target!!!