7.28.2008

Weekend Review

What a fun weekend...

The kids spent the night at our nephew's house Friday, so we took advantage of an empty house and had people over for some Texas Hold'em. First we headed out to Cafe Rio for a yummy dinner without children. I was so glad we did that! We had a good turnout, and I think a good time was had by all.

Saturday we picked the kids up, and ran a few errands, then I went with my mom, her friend, Katrina and her friend, to go see Mamma Mia. It was great, just as cheesy as I had expected, but still so fun. I loved the gay guys sitting next to me singing along. I have been listening to Abba all weekend since then. I still haven't gotten enough. Then we had dinner at Houston's, yummy. It is even yummier when you don't have to pay I think.

Sunday was just the usual, after church we went to mom's for lunch. That night I was missing Tommy, so we headed out to Cami's house and had a great time visiting. My kids taught them how to play fruit basket, and I think watching how much fun Tommy was having was the best part of the whole night. Man I love that kid.

Today I am trying to catch up on laundry, and trying to figure out where some good sales are. Buffy needs new school clothes, they all do, but she really does. She can't button any of her pants or shorts anymore.

I can't believe it is the last week of summer. Life is about to return to normal, but only for a short while I guess. Cinq is moving like crazy, so I am praying that she is moving to the down position. I am also praying that we will decide on a name soon, it is driving me nuts!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I'll e-mail you when we pick a time for the movie - it'll probably be around 2 or 3. I'd be so excited if you came!

Sounds like you had a relaxing weekend...i'm jealous.

Sheri said...

I sent you an e-mail :) or two...