7.31.2008

Old Lady

I am officially old...

Not because I am about to have 5 kids...

Not because one of them will be 12 this year...

Not because I really am old, I think 33, maybe only 32...

Not because I don't always listen to the coolest music...

Not because I sometimes envy the older women at church who have mumus, and bad hair, and just don't care. They are comfortable...

Not because I do mom things, like have missionaries over for dinner, try to have FHE, prayer, etc...

No, it's not any of that stuff. I realize I am old because my favorite cereal isn't Lucky Charms, or Cocoa Krispies, or Fruity Pebbles, or Apple Jacks, or any of those sugary sweet favorites of my past.
No, it's because I look forward to a bowl of this every morning. I am an old lady...

7 comments:

Laurie M. said...

Not old, just practical!

Sheri said...

I love that cereal too. Although my heart still belongs to the Archer farms vanilla almond granola stuff.

Anonymous said...

I love that cereal too, but if you check the labels, it has MORE sugar in it than Lucky Charms, Cocoa Krispies, or Apple Jacks. Sad but true.

Andrea said...

hahaha you're funny!!

I still love lucky charms but only for the marshmallows! LOL :)

Mimi said...

That stuff is pretty good! I'm a fan of the Smart Start cereal. I'm getting old too i guess!

liz said...

wait i thought you hated cereal crunching? or is it just listening to other people eating it?

like eating celery is awesome, but someone else eating it bugs?

liz said...

wait i thought you hated cereal crunching? or is it just listening to other people eating it?

like eating celery is awesome, but someone else eating it bugs?