7.16.2008

Lazy...

We are having super lazy days around here. I like lazy days, but I also hate lazy days. Jon is home with Strep, it is 10:00 and everyone is in pj's still, all I want to do is go to sleep, but I can't because I am completely bedsore from sitting in bed watching tv the last few hours with the kids.

So I am going to try to get my butt in gear now, and get some things accomplished. Maybe even head to the mall to return a few things?!? That would actually be great because then I can leave quite a few kids home if they want.

Last night I went and did my visiting teaching, afterwards my companion and I sat in her car and talked for a good 30 minutes or so. She was telling me about how the other day her house had one of those days, everyone yelling and screaming, mean words, people in bad moods, and it just went on and on... She said later that night she was talking to her husband and asked him if he thought (I am going to change the names, but my family is the second one they talk about) the Smith's ever had days like this at their house, he replied "No, but I bet the L's do." Very nice... I actually thought it was hilarious, because it is totally true. The good thing is, he said he would rather be like us still, because we know how to have fun, and even though things are loud and crazy it is just our family's personality. Thought you all might get a kick out of that!

Ok, here's hoping to a productive day...

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Love that! I am totally feeling that same way. I really don't want to do anything, but maybe I'll go to the mall with ya.

Sheri said...

We're yellers and screamers here. That's the only way anyone listens to me. It's better than holding it in, right?