7.21.2008

Hot, Hot, Hot

Saturday night I woke up around 1:30 or so. First thing I noticed was that I was super hot, now I am always hot anyways, I already have a fan pointed on me at full blast, along with our ceiling fan, but I was even more hot than usual. Then I realized my husband still wasn't in bed. I headed down the hall, looked at the temperature, a nice 84 degrees, blech... I asked Jon why he was still awake, and informed him it was hot, like 84 degrees hot, and the freak out began.

Sunday morning was a beautiful morning (I hope you sense my sarcasm), tears, anger, fighting, sweatiness, worries about money, etc... Needless to say we made it to church, and luckily it was actually cool there (for once). Then I went in and cried to the Bishop (a good family friend, and the owner of an A/C company). He told me to quit crying, and everything would be taken care of.

We spent the night at my mom's last night, the kids were so excited. Cooper asked if we could bring the bunk beds this time. I explained it would only be for one night. They were pretty bummed, I think they are all secretly waiting for the day we go back for good. Poor kids.

A guy came and fixed the unit for now, and we will probably just keep bandaiding the thing until we can figure out a real solution, and whether or not we can even afford the solution.

My fabulous mom mentioned something about maybe doing some back to school shopping today. Buffy and I were hoping for clothes, but it was just supplies, which is totally fine. She then thought it would be fun to call my sister-in-law, and brother, so we could all go together. I knew it would be chaos, but I wasn't going to miss out! Cami happened to call to see what I was doing so she showed up also. We went to the Target right by my brother Johnny's work, so he took a late lunch and met us also. We missed Katrina, but it was still funny how it all worked out. 10 kids, 6 adults. We were like a freight train going through Target. My kids were so happy with their purchases. The girls with new bags, and new lunchboxes all around (actually I think Andy didn't get one). It was fun. After we finished checking out, Jimmy grabs his receipt and says"Alright Joe, let's go return this and get the 60 bucks." He's such a turd, but it was pretty funny!

So we are home now, in a cooler house, not quite where it should be yet, but it will be soon. We are headed off to Jon's mom's house for dinner, and I am so looking forward to her yummy food.

2 comments:

Jake, Camille, & Kennedy said...

I feel so bad for you! I remember my last month of pregnancy that I was soooo hot and our a/c was working! I can't even imagine it with a broken a/c! If you need to send Chloe and Buffy to our place for a night let me know! Or if you just want to get away we have a great air matress! haha

Sheri said...

We have had a/c problems since we've moved into this house - I feel your pain! I hope things get better!