7.30.2008

A day in the life...

Today was a very busy day. I am feeling it right now, and I am beat!!!

I woke up this morning, did some trailer park work, and got ready. It was the Grand Opening of the Fresh & Easy by us, so I was going to meet Jimmy there. I get there, and there is no parking, and a huge line of people waiting to get in. Yea right, I didn't eed to go that bad, so i drove on through. Buffy and I then headed on over to Old Navy to return some things, and look for any back to school stuff. By this time, I was already done, and my day hadn't even started.

I came home, got the kids ready, and we headed out to Mesa to meet Cami at Nielson's for lunch. After that she took my 3 younger ones home, and I took Chloe to Mervyn's for some back to school shopping. 8 contractions later, and a very happy Chloe, we headed back to Cami's house.

We hung out there for a while, and I was looking forward to getting some Frozen Yogurt. I didn't let the kids get anything at lunch so we could do it later in the afternoon. I wanted Golden Spoon, but Cami wanted to try this new place she heard about. We drove out there, and the kids loved the fact that they could get there own samples, and as many as they wanted. I was disappointed because they didn't have strawberry. So everyone ate their treats, and we needed to go to Cami's sheet metal guy to pick up some more boards. Cami asked if I wanted to drive past Golden Spoon first, so I was happy that she was willing to oblige. I get there, and they have like 20 flavors, but no strawberry. I wanted to scream!!! So we headed to the sheet metal place, and then we made it home just as traffic was getting bad.

There is a new ice cream shop by us called "The Pink Spot," I have been wanting to try it, so I did since everyone else had a treat. Nothing spectacular, I should have just driven to 31 flavors, then I know I will be happy!

Jon got home, and I was so exhausted. And yet I decided that I could still do more. So we packed up, and got In-N-Out for dinner, then headed to Target. Buffy and I both had gift cards, so we went to look for shoes, and other back to school stuff. I found these shoes, on clearance for like $6...



Andy loved them, and I was surprised Buffy did, and then I told her I would glitter them up for her and she was soooo excited(I know they look a little sloppy, but tomorrow when I can really bang them off, I think they will be adorable). Cooper and Chloe were both totally bummed they didn't come in their sizes.

We just got home, kids are getting into bed, and I am getting ready to have Jon lather me up with Icy/Hot, then climb into bed for some good TV time. Jon has the day off tomorrow, so I am looking forward to having an extra helper for the day.

A good day, but I know I am going to be feeling it for a while. I am not looking forward to my doctor's appointment tomorrow, I am pretty sure my real exams start tomorrow, to see if I am dilating at all. I hate those appointments...

5 comments:

onehm said...

THOSE SHOES ARE ADORABLE!! Loving the glitter!!!!

I'm bummed I didn't get to join you girls for lunch!!

Jake, Camille, & Kennedy said...

I seriously get tired after I read your days. I really dont know how you do it. We tried the pink spot the other night. Not really impressed either. I would rather choose from more flavors of fresh ice cream. They ship theirs in from somewhere. Disappointing. Cute shoes. I'm excited to hear the update from the Dr. tomorrow! Any names yet?

Laurie M. said...

I am amazed at all you did being so pregnant! The shoes are very cute, love the glitter!

Karen The Rebel Birther said...

You can tell the doctor that you don't want to be checked. They don't really give that much info anyway. Ask if you want to know, but you are allowed to say no to them...

Andrea said...

i HATE that when treat places don't have the flavor you're totally craving!!

CUTE shoes! Love the glitter!!