7.22.2008

~

It's amazing how a night away makes you so appreciative of your own home. I love my mom's house, and when we lived there and had our own things it was one thing, but just going for an evening, and having to sleep on beds that are not yours, etc. etc. makes you very happy to be able to come home to your house.

I loved waking up cold this morning, and in my bed. I actually made it the whole night, mainly comfortable, in my own bed. The nameless girl (Cinq) loves to do somersaults, and I am seriously huge, so bedtime is just no fun anymore.

I felt super guilty when the missionary calendar went by, so i signed up. I hate it when I do that. We have 4 missionaries, I don't mind feeding them, in fact I like that it makes me have to cook. Our problem is that we can't fit everyone at our table. So I am on stress level orange right now, trying to figure out what to make that is delicious (I have to be the best cook in the ward, don't you?), and trying to figure out seating arrangements, and trying to get my kids to cooperate on housecleaning. It will be an interesting day to say the least.

I just realized there are only 14 days until school starts. I can't believe that! I feel so guilty about what a crappy summer my kids have had. Aside from being pregnant, so I can't take them anywhere, we really haven't had money to do anything if we wanted to. Buffy summed it up the other night "This has been the worst summer ever." Poor thing, how can I break it to her that she is only 7, and it will definitely get worse... At least we know for sure that we will be hitting Newport next summer, I hope I can live until then!!!

Oh, I need to give a shout-out to Brigham, Mr. Random sightings. It was fun seeing you at Ikea the other night. How was Mr. Beck? Did I mention to anyone that I seriously love Glenn Beck?!? I guess I'll watch out for you at the gas station next, or maybe in a different city?

7 comments:

linda williams said...

Is that Brigham Beeson?

Kristy said...

The one and only

Anonymous said...

I went and saw Glenn on Thursday, it was definitely a must see perfomance, I can't wait for it to be out on DVD. Good luck with the a/c issue! Rachel

Mimi said...

Glad everything is back to semi normal around your house. Good luck with the seating arrangement.

holdoug said...

Nice to see you guys Saturday for Austin's birthday. There was not a Lara in sight...They all pooped out on us. Luckily my family came through.You missed some great cake and ice cream!!

liz said...

LOL (you know why)

Anonymous said...

I hope you're not talking about the missionary calendar that's been in the news lately.

Brigham