6.17.2008

Pessimist or Realist???

Everyone says I am a pessimist, because I always expect the worst. That's how I get through labor, I assume I will die, then everything else seems like nothing, because at least I lived!

Jon has been wanting to do a bunch of things around the house, using money we really need to be saving for emergencies. He doesn't worry, he just says if we need it, we'll be able to get it. I don't think that way, so it is a big deal.

Sure enough, I was right. My a/c isn't working today, no big deal, I think the pipes are just frozen, but I have known this was going to happen because it has been 2 years since we have had an a/c problem. So now, I am pregnant, extremely hot, cranky, and we have our a/c off so the pipes can defrost. It is already 90 degrees.

So am I a pessimist, or a realist because I know what our luck is, and things always go wrong for us?!?

The funny thing is, when it comes to anyone else, I always look on the bright side, why am I so jaded about my life? I am a constant mystery I suppose... I will never truly figure myself out I guess!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our A/C is broken today too! Cameron's working on it, hopefully it will be up and running soon. I will get those tickets to you soon. My plan was to go to the pool earlier this week but so far things haven't gone as planned!

Sheri said...

I'm the same way. We've had our washer and dryer for 10 years and I keep waiting for it to break. I know it'll happen soon - just because we can't afford it.

Jon said...

Just frozen over. It works fine now. I knew it would be fine because I am an optimist.

The Sherrill Family said...

haha I love Jon's comment. Next time your A/C breaks feel free to head over to my place! :) The door is always open!

liz said...

i completely heard your voice in this post for some reason like it was a phone conversation.

glad the ac is fixed.

i am the same way with prelabor thoughts. whatever you do DON'T watch those labor and delivery show where each one is a major complication, those sent me over the edge.