5.19.2008

R U joking?

110 today? You have got to be kidding me. I am sitting in my kitchen, melting as we speak. I truly don't know how I will survive this summer.

The boys got back from their campout, and all is well. Cooper has been super whiny, and I am ready to kill him, but I missed him so I will deal with it. I worked myself into pre-term labor on Saturday trying to get the house clean. By Saturday night it was a disaster, and I wanted to cry. I don't even know why I try.

We spent the weekend watching Indiana Jones, cooking, laughing, and having fun. It was our ward conference on Sunday, so I didn't have to teach, but I was asked to bring a dessert for YW. I would bring a dessert every week if I didn't have to teach. So Saturday night after the kids went to bed, I tried a new recipe for Blueberry bars. They were terrible. So I went to bed knowing that I was going to have to make something Sunday before church. I started on a Pina Colada Cake, but it wasn't the recipe I normally use, so I also made brownies as a backup in case the cake didn't turn out. The cake did turn out, I am bummed I didn't take a picture because it looked darling. So we have brownies at our house. Last night after dinner I had a craving for crepes, so we had that for dessert with FHE.

Friday I had to have gallons of blood drawn for many tests. One of them was the Blood sugar test, where you drink this stuff and your blood has to be drawn an hour afterwards. I told them what time, and they were very late. Then they bring in a student nurse to draw it. I was not a happy camper. She actually did good, i hardly felt it, but she forgot to bring a cotton ball to hold on top when she took out the needle. I am a gusher, when I donate blood, I fill it up in half the time it takes other people. So all of the sudden it feels like someone is pouring warm water on my arm, I turn to look, and my blood is dumping out all over me and the floor. Good times!

I just realized how late it is, i have to go get my makeup on so i can go pick the boys up from school. Tomorrow is water day, yippee (that is sarcastic). Only 7 days left of school, I can't decide if I am happy or sad...

4 comments:

The Sherrill Family said...

I hate the blood sugar test! I had to do it twice cuz the first time they tested for the wrong things!!! You guys need to come over sometime and go swimming. When school gets out just call me one day and say you guys are coming over to cool off! I have to pool all to myself during the day! PLEASE

holdoug said...

I'll trade you...I only have 2 1/2 more days of sanity left. The boys are already at each other's throats. I think I need to go to summer camp!Do you guys want to come over for Memorial Day and bbq, swim, hang out? Maybe I'll make my homemade strawberry gelato! Yum!!

Sheri said...

The blood on the floor would've sent me over the edge. The fit would've hit the shan. I HATE the stinkin' test. It's the reason I can't enjoy orange crush anymore...

molly said...

Yuck at the 110 degrees, (I want to cry, and i am not even prego!) Yuck at the gushing blood, and that whole test in general. I am a little torn about the end of school too. At least we can just stay inside a cool house all day?