5.09.2008

Fantasy Friday



I f I had my way, we would be on the road, heading to Newport Beach for the weekend. First thing we would do is eat here. This is the best in the world, there clam chowder and shrimp cocktail is great to get on the go for a picnic at the beach, and then after a long day at the beach, getting all cleaned up and waiting for a seat inside, you have to get the Halibut! While you are eating you fill out complimentary postcards to all your friends back home, and then you help yourself to the free salt water taffy on the way out.

I have been eating at The Crab Cooker every year summer since I was probably 8 or 9, but it doesn't look like it is going to happen this year. It's killing me! I have been craving seafood bigtime lately, so this is my fantasy today.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you help with the gas I'll see if i can talk Brian and Jimmy into a quick weekend trip to get you some Clam Chowder.

Kristy said...

Ummmm, if anyone is going, I am going with them.

Sheri said...

We might be headed that way this summer...we're going to have to check it out...it looks so yummy :p

Anonymous said...

No!! We would have to stop every hour to let you pee. So what would be a 4 hour trip turns into a 6 hour trip.

liz said...

when i was prego with evan it was the first time in my life i WANTED to eat real sushi- any and all kinds. i would dream about it. simply because I couldn't have it.

Tiffany said...

Is that sourdough bread in the background? Because if it is I am there this summer. We are going at the end of June.

Erika said...

I know how much you love that trip! I'm so sorry it doesn't look like it's going to happen this year. Newport is one of my favorite places too, but I've never eaten there. I'll have to put it on my list for the next visit!