4.14.2008

Weekend Review


I love this action shot of Coop


Buffy flying a kite


Friday I took the girls out for a girls night. We went to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner, because they have been begging for some reason. Luckily they didn't like it all that much so I probably won't have to go back. Then we went to go to some shopping. 6 stores, and 3 1/2 hours later, and we only found a few things. I was beat, so we headed home.

When we got home we put the kids to bed, and then Amy & CW called to see if we wanted to go get dessert. So we headed off to meet them for gelato, at my all time favorite spot. When we gt there they were all out of strawberry, I wanted to cry. None of the other flavors sounded good, so I wasn't going to get anything. The guy behind the counter felt really bad, and then Jon made a comment about messing with a pregnant ladies craving. Ten minutes later he had made me a fresh batch of strawberry gelato, and he wouldn't let me pay for it. They now have my undying love and loyalty. If I had the energy, I would have jumped over the counter and kissed the guy, that is how happy I was!

Saturday was Jon's office picnic. So we were at the park from 10:30 to about 2:30. The kids had a great time, and I was so happy that it was breezy and not hot! We got home just in time for a short nap, and then Jon and I headed out to meet my family for the March and April birthdays. We had a great time at Cheesecake, and laughed the whole time. I always feel bad for the people around us, because we are pretty loud. Then we headed back to my mom's to hangout some more.

I made it to church on time Sunday, actually we were early, which was good because there was a baby blessing. Church went well, and the rest of the day was pretty relaxing. So now I need to focus on real life. I have so much laundry to do, and I desperately need to clean out my kids dressers and closets. I need to start trying to figure out where we are going to put Cinq, and all the stuff that will come with her!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

3 comments:

molly said...

Oh that is so fabulous about the gelato, what a nice guy :) Sounds like they deserve the undying love and loyalty!
Good luck on the laundry and other such boring nonsense.

Sheri said...

I love gelato - the fruit flavors are the best :)

The Sherrill Family said...

Buffy was sooo cute on sunday! She wanted to hold Kennedy the whole time we were in primary! She is sooo helpful! I gonna miss her!