3.26.2008

Love - Charity - Buffy

So Cooper is feeling better, of course that doesn't mean he went to school, why would he do that? Buffy is home again, because I think she was still tired from her bout with the stomach flu yesterday. So I am trying to get my house in order, and keep those 2 occupied, yea right!!!

Buffy came home from school on Monday, and told me about a little boy in her class whose mom is n the hospital. She started to tear up, she was so sad for him, and she doesn't even like him. She said she couldn't imagine how sad she would be if it was me in the hospital. Then I teared up a little. She begged me to make a meal for them, I wasn't sure how that would fly with a family I don't know, who aren't members, so they probably don't have experience with people bringing in food. I e-mailed her teacher, just to feel things out, and got a response back that they were completely surprised, and would be so grateful for that. So now the whole class is taking a day. My sweet Buffy started it, just by being compassionate, and I guess from having seen me do things like this before. It always amazes me how much they pay attention to the things we are doing. I am so proud of her, and hope that she stays this way.

Last night Buffy was sitting on the couch with me, even though she was supposed to be in bed. We saw a commercial for a movie or something that was coming out on the 4th of April. She looked at me with a smile, and said that is the day after you find out if you are having a boy or a girl. I couldn't believe that she is keeping track of the date, then I started teasing her that I was only going to tell people that were kind to me, helped around the house, went to bed on time, kept their rooms clean, etc... I then teased her that she did none of those things, and she replied with a huge Buffy smile "Yea, but I am the sweetest and the cutest, don't forget that!" What a doll!

5 comments:

Laurie M. said...

She is so sweet! That is so nice that the whole class is pitching in to take care of the little boy's family.

Sheri said...

I am so impressed that you followed up on Buffy's idea. I probably would've made the excuse that we don't know the family and wouldn't have pursued it. What a great mom and example you are!

Crazymamaof6 said...

what a sweetie! and way to go being an excellent example. and following through too!
whoohoohoo on finding out soon! too cute she is keeping track!

The Sherrill Family said...

Oh my gosh she is the cutest! I hope that rubs off on Kennedy! I think she learned some of this from her primary teacher. haha JK you are such a great mom!

Mimi said...

she is seriously the sweetest little thing! I love that girl!