3.24.2008

Happy Easter!





Easter snuck up on me this year, and I was not prepared. This is the 1st year that my kids are completely coordinated. I usually pick a color, and go around it. I didn't find Chloe's dress until Thursday, and luckily had already bought Buffy a pink one also. But I had no luck in finding the boys anything with pink this year. Oh well, they still all look pretty darling. We had a good day, and yummy food at my mom's house. We were all exhausted by the time we got home last night. So Chloe made omelettes for dinner, and everyone went to sleep.

My brother Jimmy always makes fun of me, he couldn't understand why my kids needed new outfits for Easter. I love the whole new outfit on Easter & Christmas, we grew up that way, so I do the same for my kids. When it almost didn't happen this year I was pretty sad. I am glad I was able to get it all together. Especially since I had 3 different people at church come up to me to say that they always look forward to seeing what my kids will be wearing on Holidays, because they are always so cute. So I am glad that other people notice the effort I put into my children looking darling! Is that bad of me?!?

9 comments:

Sheri said...

I always want to get my kids new outfits for Easter & Christmas but Ian always gives me a bad time about it.

Your kids look adorable - you should be proud!

Crazymamaof6 said...

totally not a bad thing! i'm obsessed with it too. and have the same issues with people expecting to see cute kids. i have to do it. plus easter is almost more practical than christmas, since they can wear these clothes all spring and summer into the fall. totally more use than christmas dresses you only wear for the winter. or that's what i do anyway.
AND it's tradition! HELLO! i was fretting about it this year and did manage to pull it off last minute. yay!

they looked fabulous! way to go! next year you get to dress a baby too! SO FUN!
that is my fave.
sounds like you had a fun day with family!

liz said...

I love new holiday outfits too. I love the girl/ boy color scheme going on, you did a good job!

I slacked on Evan this year and decided to go with a hand-me-down Easter gettup from his cousin, but next year I will try harder and get something of his own on purpose. which was hard to do cos I love the choosing of new outfits too.

Mimi said...

no that isn't bad of you, it's one of the things you have to look forward to in life. They looked darling, so did you!

Amy said...

When I was growing up my dad would buy us girls a new dress each Easter. It was often the only new dress I would get all year.

The tradition continues and now Michael has taken Amanda out for her new Easter dress each year. It's sort of a daddy daughter thing that I am *supposed* to stay out of. I did good this year and didn't try to tag along!

Now I get to pick out Hayden's little Easter outfits! They didn't match each other but that's okay.

THE POULSEN FAMILY said...

What do you mean you weren't prepared, your kids looked adorable and you baked the most delicious cookies ever and on top of that it looked like Martha Stewart had made them.

Erika said...

I'm with you on the new clothes for holidays. I just love it. John doesn't love it so much, but he didn't even comment this year when he saw the Children's Place bag. Progress ;-) BTW--my boys could have fit right in with Cooper--same shirts and vest I think.

The Sherrill Family said...

I noticed!!! I loved Buffy's dress! It was so cute! You totally fooled me about not being prepared! I thought all the kids looked so cute! You're such a good mom!

amy said...

We grew up the same way (imagine that) with new church outfits for Easter and Christmas. I'm so bad that if I don't have a new dress I wake up Sunday morning feeling sorry for myself...so I make sure that doesn't happen!