1.30.2008

A day in the life...

Buffy has had a cough for a while. I have tried to get her to stay home, not cause it's terrible, but I want it to get better. Everyday there has been a reason why she had to go to school. This morning she woke up, and I knew it was going to be the day. I think she just needed some mom time. So we got the other kids off to school. We came home and snuggled for a while, then I started to get ready. She took a nice long shower, and we headed off to run errands. It took us longer to get out of the house, but we were able to get a few things accomplished. Then we went to NYPD Pizza for lunch. She really wanted that, so I obliged. It was a fun little day with her, and I love having one-on-one time with my kids, and it just doesn't seem to happen as often as I would like it to.

Tonight is New Beginnings, and they invited Chloe to come since she will be joining YW's this year. She is super excited, and I just can't believe that she is that old. Anyhow, I've got to get dinner started, but wanted to drop in for a sec...

I would also like to say that Dorothy is the most amazing friend in the whole universe. My back is amazingly better today, not 100%, but a huge difference after the massage last night. I don't deserve you lady, someday I will totally make it up to you!

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

I think you did with "Man Cold"! So true, I almost peed my pants.

Sheri said...

I love it when I have a chance to spend one-on-one time with one of my kids. It doesn't happen often enough.

Amy said...

Ever since Amanda got rewarded for "perfect attendance" at school I have stressed over making sure she was never late and always there.

W H Y ?

Thank you for reminding me that connecting with my kid is so much more important (and enjoyable!) than a stupid end-of-year certificate that says "my child spent 180+ days with a bunch of Nazi conformist spirit killers that feed her massive amounts of misinformation and empty calories"

Sheesh... did that sound harsh?

I need a day or two with my girl. Her school probably is not as bad as I imagine it to be...