12.06.2007

Stage 4

I have been working around the house this morning. We had 2 accidents in bed last night, so laundry was at the top of my list, plus a lot of straightening and other things that I have neglected over the last few days.

I have come to realize that I have entered a new stage in my life.

Stage 1 - Getting married and learning how to get along with another human being, figuring out all your quirks, etc...

Stage 2 - Getting ready to have kids, being pregnant (all together). It is so funny when I look back at that time when I was 1st pregnant, I knew things were going to change, but never in my earthly dreams could have realized how much everything would change.

Stage 3 - Life with kids, and all the other responsibilities you have. Sometimes it is total chaos, other times not so bad. I can remember looking forward to naptime so I could shower. I remember days where absolutely nothing would get accomplished, then other days where I would feel like Supermom, with a clean house, happy kids, dinner on the table, and looking good for my man.

I have entered Stage 4, home alone. I know I am not completely alone, and that it is only for 1/2 days. But I feel alone. I miss my Cooper, I miss all of my kids. I am enjoying my time here and there, but mostly I am feeling like I am not ready to be moving to this stage. I am ready for more chaos, more warm bodies to hold. Unfortunately Jon and I are at a disagreement on this subject, so I am here, in a very quiet house, feeling off. On the plus side, I do enjoy after the kids leave for school, being able to shower, then sit on the couch and read the scriptures in silence. I feel like my dad, I can remember finding him in his office studying, whenever he had a quiet moment.

Now don't get me wrong, I like quiet, and I am glad my kids go to school. There are days when they are home that I want to lose my mind. But I have always liked a crowd, I enjoy noise and chaos, and energy, and laughter. My house has a lot of all of that... I guess I am just not ready for things to slow down.

6 comments:

Laurie M. said...

I keep thinking that I can't wait for stage 4 of my life but I know I'll miss the chaos of all the little people scrambling for my attention all day.

Mimi said...

That's sweet kris! You never know how good you have it til it's gone, eh?

holdoug said...

I volunteer and the kids school all the time. It gets you around all the kids and makes you appreciate your own kids! You would be awesome at the school and I am sure they could use your help!

Andrea said...

i miss my kids too, but i am glad to have some time at home w/o them (well I still have my 3yo at home). He's fun and I enjoy spending time w/ him. I feel as though I didn't get to spend enough quality time w/ the older ones at this age, so I am trying to hold onto my youngest (he's also our last). I enjoy lots going on, but I love (and crave) my quiet time.

Tiffany said...

I have not commented on your blog before, but I am at the EXACT same place. Jason and I are at the same disagreement and dangit I better prevail. I hope you do too.

onehm said...

Awesome post!! I am feeling sad that I have two kids in elementary school...next year only one will be at home and he's going to preschool (with me, but still going) and I can see myself in your shoes in a few short years and feeling EXACTLY the same way!!!