12.31.2007

Knocked up!

Most of you guessed correctly, I've got a bun in the oven.

I am freaking out. I have been wanting another baby for the last 4 years, but Jon was totally adamant that we were through. The kids and I have been trying to convince him to no avail. I had finally just started to accept that 4 really is a good number. Life is good right now, and it is only getting better. Then out of the blue, I'm pregnant.

I am so excited, but soooo terrified. There are a lot of things going on in our lives right now. My work is changing, money is pretty tight, it really doesn't seem like the best time for a baby. I am just believing that there is an amazing reason that Heavenly Father has chosen this time to send us a new one.

The kids are super excited, it was so fun telling them. Buffy was squealing with delight. They were all so happy. In some ways, it will be like having a 1st baby all over again. It will be just me and cinq (that's 5 for those of you who don't speak french). No toddler hanging around trying to smother the baby when I am not looking, no other diapers, no potty training. Plus I will have an almost 12 year old. Chloe was a huge help when Cooper was born, and that was 4 years ago, I can't imagine how much she will help with this one. Buffy loved helping with Cooper, but was so small she couldn't accomplish a lot, so she is so excited that she will be big enough to help me.

The big stress is, we were done. We have nothing for babies around here. No crib, no stroller, no clothes, no swings, no carseat, no nothing... I am also already freaking out about coming up with a cool name. I love different names, Andy's is the only super regular one, and that is cause he is named after his dad. So I am already writing lists, we will see...

I am due August 29th, what a fun summer. I can tell you that I will be living in my pool this summer. At least our birthday/holiday streak isn't broken.

August - Cinq
September - Me
October - Andy, halloween
November - Cooper, Thanksgiving
December - Chloe, Christmas
January - Jon, our anniversary
February - Buffy, Valentine's Day

Not a break in sight...

P.S. I have added a google search bar on the side. Use it please... If you are doing a search, might as well help cinq get a car seat while you are at it, right?!?

11 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow! that is awesome i always say when you make other plan that don't involve a baby it happens. and that will be awesome to have one on one baby time! AND a great helper or two! LUCKY! that is what my husband is holding out for.Older kids that can help. Good luck finding a cool name. CONGRATULATIONS! and the streak is awesome. we need a September baby to keep ours rolling, maybe next year.

Sheri said...

Congratulations!

onehm said...

I think Cinq might have to be in the running...cool name!
;o) That is one lucky baby. Your family is awesome, and now it will be all that much better!

Laurie M. said...

Wooohooo! Congratulations!

Andrea said...

I've been waiting for you to update & let us know if you were pregnant!

Congratulations!! That's so exciting (and a little scary when you haven't planned for this)! You'll get it all worked out & LUCKY you have a couple great helpers just waiting to HELP! I have an August kid and I wish we had a pool when I was preggers w/ him. Good Luck & I hope you aren't feeling sick at all.

Amy said...

Hee hee... your cinq is in the oven.
Time to remodel the kitchen - again!

Sorry, I just had to say it! Congratulations! If you're having a boy I have clothes I'd love to send you!

If we lived closer I'd give you Hayden's crib as well - he can climb out of it already! Can you believe my almost 14 month old is sleeping on the bottom bunk already???

Amy
Amy

ducklips said...

Oh my goodness, congratulations!

That is so exciting. Good luck w/ your name list. I searched family history sheets for mine and found my nephew's in some movie credits.

Becky McKay said...

Holy, holy, holy cow!!

This is such outstanding news! Are you hoping for a boy or girl? I'm spinning with questions... we will have to go for a bagel some time soon. Congrats my dear!!

kimber said...

Haha! That's awesome! Congratulations. We have an almost brand new crib - it's white. If you want it, it's yours. I say almost brand new because James has been sleeping in it for a couple of months - after we bought it for Thomas brand new from Babies R Us, but Thomas likes James's old crib. So James took the new one, and has outgrown a crib all together. If you want it, I can send you a pick and we can even bring it to you. Just let me know! kimber_jjohnson@yahoo.com

Curious said...

Andy is named after his dad? That doesn't sound right.

Erika said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!