12.17.2007

Craziness...

I am really neglecting my blog, I am so sorry! I'll start where I left off...

Thursday We had a fieldtrip to the Nutcracker. I went with Buffy's class, she finally agreed to let me be a chaperone. I also took Cooper out of his class, to have him be with me. That was a mistake. Buffy didn't listen to me about wearing the right shoes (we walk to the Symphony Hall from school), so the whole way home she was whining about her feet hurting, and Cooper was whining about being tired. I can't decide if that hour of happiness was worth all the whining afterwards... That night we had an ornament exchange with the Relief Society. It was just what I needed, I really needed to get out of the house that night. I had a fun time talking to the super cool chickies in my ward.

Friday I woke up with a cold, not at all what I needed. My husband was superfabulous and came home from work to help me get the kids off to school. I was able to sleep for just a bit, then I had to get up and get going. Sick or not, I needed to get some shopping done. I am happy to say that I got most of it done that day. I came home, cleaned, and was able to get some wrapping done.

Saturday was our annual Christmas Lunch with my mom & siblings. Unfortunately nothing tasted good because I was still sick, but we still had a great time. I am so lucky to have such a great family, and to be able to have so much fun with them. I came home and took a nap, then we got ready for our ward party. We had a good time, the kids had a great time, and I was happy that we were home by 8:00. Jon went out to the movies with the guys, and I fell asleep on the couch watching SNL.

Sunday I still felt terrible, so I stayed home. I got released from the Primary. I am so excited, but also a little sad. They all got home and we had lunch, then watched Pirates #3. What a great movie. Then we watched some special on Free Masons. We ate dinner, vegged some more, and went to bed early.

I am feeling better today, not 100%, but I think I am past the worst of it. I am feeling the Christmas crunch, bigtime. I hope I can accomplish all I want to do before the big day, we shall see. I did do a lot today, so I am feeling very productive, nothing better than that!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Hope you are feeling better! Sounds like you got a lot done despite being ill. Good for you. Take it easy! Hope you still get everything else done that you need to do b4 the BIG Day! I am so NOT ready! Haven't even started my holiday baking yet. That's the funnest part for me.

Crazymamaof6 said...

hope you feel 100% soon! way to go having a productive sick day. no time for rest when christmas will be here in the blink of an eye!

Laurie M. said...

You sure stay super busy, even with when you're sick. Hope you feel better soon!