12.25.2007

Christmas fun...


This is the best picture I could get of the
kids before church. Needless to say I was a little
frustrated. We did make it to church on time,
can I get a WOO-HOO?!? I wanted to try
again after church, but totally forgot!



The cousins having fun ,
random Jimmy, Cami & goofball Chloe!



Waiting for the program to start...



Cooper way excited, Joey reciting a poem



Chloe plucked Jingle Bells, the girls sang along
Andy played Ode to Joy & Jingle Bells




Sunday night we all went to my mom's to start a new Christmas Eve Eve tradition. This is the 1st year that we weren't going to my Grandma's house on Christmas Eve, and my mom thought we would start our own thing, but we chose the night before Christmas Eve so those of us who still had other family obligations could do both! It was a great night, we had a little program. We had yummy spaghetti & meatballs. We had 2 sets of Carolers come. The kids got to open presents, actually we all did. Then we just sat and visited and enjoyed each other before the real craziness kicked in.

Jon was Cooper's Secret Santa


I was Buffy's, and Cooper was Andy's.



Chloe was mine, and Andy was Chloe's.



Buffy was Jon's, cute kiddos in their jammies, ready for bed!


The Secret Santa was not as successful as last year, everyone knew, they were not very good at keeping it secret. Maybe next year. The funniest thing was when we asked Cooper to tell us some nice things he did for Andy, and he said "I really didn't do anything nice for him." Classic, he got the message. We went out and had dinner at Jon's mom's house, and it was great seeing everyone. I really enjoy my in-laws, and the nieces and nephews are always fun. We were home by 7:45. We were in bed by 10:15. It was very nice.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Sweet little family pics! Love the idea of a family "program" before Christmas! We've never done that. We get together for Christmas Eve dinner w/ hubby's family @ our house, we go to my parents' house for lunch/dinner on Christmas. Lots of mess & tons of FUN!