11.08.2007

Thankful

I have decided that I really need to focus on the things I am thankful for in my life. So I know I am already 8 days into the month, but I am going to write something I am thankful for every day this month.

So I start off today with a little story. There is a little (I mean as in very short), plump (very), hispanic women I see everyday at school. She has twin boys that are probably 4 or so, and maybe a 9 year old boy. They walk to school everyday. I don't know how far away they live, they may even take the bus also.

She has to make this trip 3 times a day. 8:00 in the morning, 12:15 to pick up the twins, and 3:15 to pick up the older one. Every time I see her I smile, she doesn't speak any english, so we can't talk, but I am friendly. I wish I could tell her that I admire her, and her strength, and willingness to do what she needs to, so her boys can get an education.

Today I had to take my kids to school , I think my mom wanted to sleep in. It didn't bother me, but I really take for granted the fact that most mornings my mom takes them for me. It gives me an extra half hour or so a day, and I really appreciate that. But I am thankful today for my car, for the lifestyle my husband and I are able to have, that allows me to have a nice car to take my children to school in, and to do all the other millions of things I have to do. I couldn't imagine what my life would be like without my car. It helps me accomplish so much, and not just selfish stuff, I am able to serve better, and be a better friend or family member because of it. If Jimmy has slept in, I can pick Joe up for him. I can take a meal to someone when they have had a baby, or just a really crappy day. I can give someone a ride to church, etc...

So there you go, I am thankful for my car, and all that it allows me to do and be!

I will announce the winner later, I am going to let any last minute entries get in...

9 comments:

onehm said...

Great idea! I am thankful for my car too...I am going to have to copy this!
;o) And I can't wait to see who the winner is!!

JP said...

I resent that remark about me sleeping. I took a nap one time and over slept, now I am branded as a 'Camisleeper'

Bear said...

Where was the baby while he over slept? You are such a Cami kissup!! I'm Thankful i'm more like my Red head sister and i don't sleep all day.

Laurie M. said...

Good for you! Thanks for reminding me that it IS November and I should be thinking of things I am thankful for too. The new look is fabulous!

Dorothy said...

I too am very thankful for my car! Especially after a city bus field trip. It sure is an eyeopener to the life I sometimes take for granted.

Bear said...

The city bus rocks! I take it every day to work from central and vanburen to 48th and Vanburen.

Crazymamaof6 said...

this is a great reminder to be grateful for the little gotta have it to survive things.i can always use reminders to do that. thanks! i am thankful for my Van! one time we picked up a whole other family of 6 and drove them to church because their car was broken! loving my 15 passenger VAN! i may have to do something about being thankful instead of just being excited about shopping. thanks!!

Erika said...

What a great idea--I may have to follow your great example! Congrats on your one year of blogging--I love getting to see what you're up to and enjoying all your creativity and fun ;-) Love the new look also--some day you'll have to show me how to do that...I don't have a clue ;-)

Andrea said...

Awww you're doing sweet inspiring grateful posts! What a great idea!!! Maybe I should do that too. I haven't posted much this week, but that would definitely give me something to think about & post on my blog.