11.12.2007

Thankful, and weird...

So last night I got into bed pretty late. I still didn''t fall asleep very well, but at last sweet sleep happened.

Fast forward a few hours, and enter into my dreams. I can't even recall all of the specifics, but I was in some big industrial place. All of the sudden for some reason, the power went out. Nothing major, right? Well for some reason, it startled me enough that I woke up, only to have all the power go out for real, like 4 seconds later. FREAKY!!! I walked around our pitch black house, trying not to freak myself out. I looked out the window and all of the street and PC were black too. I quietly assured myself it wasn't some freak thing, and we weren't about to have our home invaded, and climbed back into bed. I waited for about 20 minutes, slowly working myself up again for no apparent reason, when that beautiful hummmmm started and all of our electricity came back on, and I was able to drift back into a dreamless sleep.

Today I am so thankful for electricity. Not for the panic it causes when it goes away, but for the comfort it gives to our lives when it is here. I am thankful for the cool it provides, the warm water, the lights, the warmth... It is endless why I am thankful for it. Anyhow, I honestly couldn't imagine living without it, and I am so glad I was not born in a time where there wasn't electricity. I would have been a horrible pioneer!

4 comments:

Laurie M. said...

yes- definitely something we can't live without. Love all your "thankfuls".

Andrea said...

That is so WILD that the power went off in your dream & then for real. Glad it went back on and it's not the middle of summer! you would've been sweatin'. I don't think I could've been a good pioneer either. I love modern-day conveniences!

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow! that is a trippy dream/
experience. good job staying calm. and thinking rationally. and glad it came back on! gotta love electricity.

onehm said...

That IS freaky! I have to agree with you on this one....