11.14.2007

Moments of Pure Genius




So I am sure a lot of you moms have this same problem. Kids artwork, overtaking your home. It is everywhere, and you can't get rid of it, heaven forbid. Solution : We have a long hallway, that I still hadn't figured out what I wanted to do with. So I put a little yarn up, and got some clothespins. Instant artwork, and the kids are excited to display it. Now, when they want to add something, they have to take something down. I am a genius, I know, you can say it!

The next dilemma, we just got a water dispenser. I knew my kids would either dirty a bajillion cups a day, or we would kill our earth by all the waste from the paper cups they would throw out. Enter plastic cups with handles, and those little hooks you get for wreaths or something. Decorate the cups oh so cutely, and never let them leave the vicinity. Of course Chloe's is already missing, so we have to work on that part. Anyhow, not bajillions of cups being used or wasted. Just thought I would share these tips with you, just in case any of you are facing the same problems!

7 comments:

Mimi said...

I was impressed with your skills the other day when i was there. Great idea's and so cute! Keep up the organizing!

Laurie M. said...

You are a genious! Great ideas- thanks for sharing them.

little jill said...

love the water cup idea. Now . . . if my kids could reach the water

Amy said...

Awesome idea! Amanda leaves her cups of water all over the kitchen and Hayden has radar for that kind of stuff. I might have to do that to our fridge!

So - we keep getting tiny glimpses of your news renovated house - when do we get to see the whole sh-bang? Take us on a tour!

Jon said...

You forgot to mention that great hook idea was your wonderful, genius and good looking husbands.

Andrea said...

Impressive! (said with a darth vader voice, tee hee :) you are a total genius!! I need to do something like that w/ my kids' art! and the hallway is next to their bedrooms! they would probably love to see their own art all the time!

Bajillion..love that word. i also use...gazillion. yah i hate cups everywhere!!! good thinking!!

liz said...

cool colors!